The Wilson County Archives was established in 1995 at 110 South Hatton Street before moving to the present location at 111 South College Street in September 1998. The Wilson County Archives is operated by the county government, which appointed the Public Records Commission to oversee the operation.
- Mortgage deeds 1829 to 1931
- School records 1928 to 1971
- Mineral, oil and gas leases 1902 to 1980
- Circuit Court minute books 1810 to 1982
- Circuit Court case files
- Probate deeds 1843 to 1947
- Administrators and Executors bonds 1814 to 1964
- Minutes of insolvent cases 1870 to 1964
- Guardian settlements 1836 to 1958
- Guardian bonds and letters 1853 to 1961
- Records of elections 1884 to 1928
- Birth records 1881 to 1886 and 1907 to 1912
- Death records 1907 to 1912 and 1925 to 1939
- Will books and original wills 1802 to 1964
- Marriages, including licenses and bonds 1802 to 1953
- County Court minutes 1803 to 1964
- Wilson County Merchant's licenses 1853 to 1963 (some years are missing)
- Research Books (over 400)
- Road ledgers 1887 to 1927
- Framed picture history on the walls
- Video history of people in Wilson County (started in 1999)
- Manuscript collection
- Chancery Court minute books 1834 to 1973
- Chancery Court case files 1812 to 1965
- County Court loose records 1799 to 1965
- Family and Subject Files
- Research Room available for the public
- County records are on microfilm from 1802 to 1965
Send requests by mail to the Archives Department to request records.
The cost per record is $5 for up to 5 pages and $15 for general research up to 20 pages.
From the Wilson County Archives Collection of Images
A picture history of Wilson County, Tennessee has been published by Wilson County Archives Director, Linda Granstaff. The book is called "From The Wilson County Archives Collection of Images". The book, 440-pages plus, contains over 660 pictures from all over the county. One chapter, in particular, is devoted to present-day buildings and communities. Three more additions have been added to the collection: "Collection of Images: Looking Back at Precious Memories, Volume I, II, III, IV".
Books are $40 each, or all 4 books for $140, plus $5 per book for ordering by mail.
Please make checks payable Wilson County Archives and mail to:
111 South College Street
Lebanon, TN 37087
For more information, contact the Wilson County Archives at 615-443-1993, or stop by during their regular business hours. They are open on Monday-Friday from 9:00a.m. - 3:00p.m., excluding holidays.