WILSON COUNTY JUVENILE COURT
JOHN MUSIC CRIMINAL JUSTICE CENTER
115 EAST HIGH STREET
LEBANON, TN 37087
It is the mission of the Wilson County Juvenile Court to serve the welfare of the children and their families within the sound framework of public safety; to provide the guidance, structure and services needed by every child under its jurisdiction; to promote healing and recovery of abused and neglected children and to direct delinquent children in reforming their behaviors.
Juvenile Courts have jurisdiction over matters involving children under 18 years of age that may have been abused or mistreated, whose parents cannot care for them, that need more services than can be provided for in the family home, that have been accused of being unruly or breaking the law or whose behaviors put them at risk or in need of services. The Wilson County Juvenile Court operates 5 days per week with one full time Judge and one full time Magistrate.
JUDGE BARRY TATUM
Judge Tatum served as General Sessions and juvenile Court Judge Since 1998. He graduated from the University of the South at Sewanee in 1987 and received his J.D. from Cumberland Law School in 1991.
MAGISTRATE DAVID KENNEDY
Magistrate Kennedy graduated from Belmont university in 1980. He graduated from the Nashville School of Law in 1997. He has served as Magistrate since 2021.
The Youth Service office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am through 4:00 pm. A youth service officer is on call 24/7 when the office is closed.
Juvenile Court Clerk
Debbie Moss Telephone: 615-444-2114 Fax: 615-444-5889
Court Appointed Special Advocates
Juvenile Court relies on CASA’s to advocate for children in Foster Care. CASA’s are volunteers who receive extensive training and who conduct investigations and provide reports to the Court before hearings. CASA’s are sworn to protect the best interest of the children whose cases they handle.
If you are interested in becoming a CASA please contact their office (615)443-2002
The Wilson County Teen Court is made up of students who hear cases of first-time juvenile offenders. The Teen Court is made up of students from local schools and home schools. We welcome any student to apply for Teen Court.
If you would like to apply please contact Lisa Woolley, Esq. (615)632-8119.
Student Outreach and Resilience
SOAR is a mentoring partnership with Lebanon Special School District and the Juvenile Court. Volunteers from the community receive special training and are paired with youth to mentor and guide.
We need mentors to volunteer and invite you to contact us if interested.
Please contact Jenny Sanders (615)405-0731
115 East High Street
Lebanon, TN 37087
Betsy JakalskiDirector of Probation and Juvenile Services
Sandy MorrisJuvenile Services Supervisor
Gary VandeverJuvenile Services
Catherine HackettJuvenile Services
Lisa ButlerJuvenile Services
Jenny SandersSOAR coordinator
Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Take The ACE’s Quiz
- Building Strong Brains Tennessee Model for the Prevention, Mitigation, & Treatment Of ACE’s
- The Link Between Adverse Childhood Experiences and Later Life Health
Bullying & Cyberbullying
- Bullying Statistics
- Bullying Signs
- What Is Cyberbullying?
- Cyberbullying Signs
- Teen Suicide & Depression
- When To Seek Help for Your Child
- Bullying Prevention Resources for Families and Educators
- School Bus Bullying Prevention
Child’s Rights and Safety
- What Is Child Abuse?
- Fast Facts: Preventing Child Abuse & Neglect
- Child Abuse (for Parents)
- Child Neglect
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Helping A Child Who Has Been Sexually Abused
- How To Spot Signs of Physical Neglect and What to Do to Help
- Tips For Child Sex Abuse Prevention
- Prevention Of Abuse Among Children with Disabilities
- Trafficking & Exploitation
- Staying Informed and Protecting Your Child from Online Predators
Foster Care & Adoption
- What Is Positive Parenting?
- Positive Parenting: A Proven Strategy to Reduce Child Abuse
- Positive Parenting Tips
- 5 Evidence-Based Ways to Practice Positive Parenting
- Stages Of Fetal Development
- New Moms & Dads
- Parents & Caregivers
- Never Shake a Baby!
- Child Dental Health
- Sleep Needs of Babies
- 3 Ways to Teach Kids Self-Care
- Connection Before Correction